November 10 – 12, 2019
New York City
Transformathon: Moving into Action will be an in-person gathering of people and organizations that will move us toward unprecedented collective action. Building on previous Transformathons, this convening will be highly interactive and collaborative, with a particular emphasis on leveraging our assets to advance our change making and improvement work.
Participants will leave with a specific plan for how you will create impactful change in your work, while helping to push the boundaries of what’s possible and contribute towards the goal of transforming the lives of 20 million students by 2030.
Pre-Session: Symposium on the Science of Improvement
Sunday, November 10, 2019, 10 AM – 5 PM
This Symposium is designed to help you:
- Understand the Science of Improvement and use the Model for Improvement as a roadmap for improvement projects
- Use systems-thinking and develop a theory of change to guide change making
- Learn concepts of rapid cycle testing, implementation, sustainability, and scale-up
- Become skilled in how to use data for improvement, visualizations, driver diagrams, and other key quality improvement tools
No prior experience required. Advanced tracks for experienced improvers will also be offered.
Monday, November 11, 2019, 10 AM – 5 PM, including working lunch
Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 8:30 AM – 1 PM
The Main Session is designed to inspire and catalyze impactful action. Participants will work purposefully in groups based on their chosen areas of focus and use structured techniques to develop specific plans for improving student wellbeing and equity in their own work and nationally.
Sessions will help you to:
- Find inspiration from unconventional thinkers and doers
- Acquire and apply powerful skills for impactful change making, including design thinking and the science of improvement
- Build new insights about the systems influencing the health, wellbeing, and health equity of college students
- Co-create with individuals with diverse experiences and national organizations ideas and influence to affect change toward our goals
- Inform, organize, and mobilize collective power and resources to accelerate progress toward shared priorities
- Embrace measures for assessing progress of the 20×30 movement and reinforce our relentless focus on achieving better outcomes